Talofa, malo le lei, kiaorana, bula.
Students at St Thomas’ are educated in a diverse environment which prepares them for 21st century New Zealand and the global environment of the modern world.
Our Pasifika men achieve in learning, sport, culture, service and Young Enterprise business at regional and national level.
At St Thomas of Canterbury College we are proud to be
- 12% Pasifika
Pasifika Staff Leaders
- Leuma Gali (Teacher with responsibility for Pasifika students)
- Peleti Peleti (Teacher with responsibility for Pasifika students)
- Andrew Auimatagi (Pasifika Success Leader)
- Johnny Leo’o (Pasifika Mentor)
Pasifika Student Leaders
- Jade Uliana (Edmund Rice Pasifika Leader)
- Pasifika speech competitions (Regional and National winners in Samoan speech)
- Pasifika parents meetings
- Pasifika Board of Trustees representative
- Year 13 leadership team Pasifika Leader position
- Samoan years 7 – 13
We are involved in
- We are leading a major Pasifika achievement and engagement strategy in the Upper Riccarton Learning Community Cluster, working with Riccarton High School, Villa Maria College, Riccarton Primary School and Our Lady of Victories Primary School.
- We have a close relationship with the University of Canterbury Pasifika Talanoa Centre.