We stand for producing young men with educated hearts and educated minds.
Edmund Rice education has a vision for justice and peace for all. Faithful to the call of Jesus and inspired by Edmund Rice, founder of the Christian Brothers, we aspire to offer hope to a world where the dignity of humanity and the integrity of creation is often diminished. Through holistic education we form passionate and compassionate young men who are not only aware of the structures that prevent all creation from being fully alive, but also have the knowledge, skills, attitudes and spirit to act and advocate for a better world for all.
In partnership with our parents and community our aim is to educate boys to men who…
- are ENGAGED in service and solidarity with others, especially those on the margins
- Are CONSCIENTISED to the reality of the world and the root causes of injustice
- Have a deep sense of the SPIRITUAL in their life
- Relate to others in a COMPASSIONATE way
- Take ETHICAL stances in all their endeavours
- Are HOPEFUL that a better world is possible and that they can actively contribute to its realisation
Those who teach justice shall be like the stars forever. (Daniel 12:3)
Our teaching and learning values are:
- Manaakitanga (caring for our students and acknowledging their mana)
- Mana motuhake (having high expectations)
- Nga whakapiringatanaga (managing the classroom to promote learning)
- Wananga and ako (using a range of dynamic interactive teaching and learning styles)
- Kotahitanga (teachers, families and students reflecting together in order to move forward collaboratively)