Nature needs us!
Did you know that a lot of our precious natives are in trouble? Help them out this Conservation Week by signing up for your local Neighbourhood Nature Nosey.
Head outdoors and snap photos of what you find. Learn what is around you so we know what we need to save. Make a difference this Conservation Week!
Who can enter:
Canterbury residents aged between 10–15 years.
How to enter:
- Download the iNaturalist app (external site).
- Sign on to the Neighbourhood Nature Nosey 2019: Canterbury (external site) project.
- Take photos of the living things around you, eg plants, birds, insects
- Upload them to the project. Remember to write ‘Big Nosey’ in your notes for each observation.
Top observers aged 15 or under in the Canterbury region can win one of the following:
- A family pass (2 adults and 2 kids) from Black Cat Cruises to travel by ferry to Ōtamahua/Quail Island for a free night stay at DOC’s Ōtamahua hut.
- A backcountry hut pass, so you can stay in as many huts as you want for a year.
Winners will be notified via iNaturalist.