Start of Year Reminders
Health & Safety
- Due to the current Red setting and therefore restrictions for parents/visitors on-site, all drop offs and pick ups must be outside the school property. Please use Craven Street or Middlepark Road, North of the roundabout.
- We are also experiencing major road works, developing the cycleway on Middlepark Road, so again we emphasise parents must pick up and drop off North of the roundabout on Middlepark Road, or Craven Street.
- All students are to have a mask that covers the mouth and nose and attaches behind the head or ears.
- If students feel unwell, they are to stay home and you are to inform the school.
- Please ensure your son has his device with him for the first day. Being able to connect online during the Red setting will be important. Any issues please contact Tim Muir firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday – 2nd February
- 9 am – 12 pm – New Student Orientation
- Students are to be picked up and dropped off outside of the school property.
- Year 13s will meet students at the front of school and take them for the day.
- Please wear uniform, mask and bring your device and a snack (books not needed).
All Year 13 Helpers to meet in uniform at 8.30 am by Te Mataaho/ Administration
(*Note: The New Parents Evening is cancelled)
- Course Confirmation for Seniors
- Wear mufti but please have mask
- Make sure you come in the allocated time slots. Venue is Te Poho (Hall). If waiting you will be in Te Pukaha/ Gym
- Y11 – 9 am – 11 am
- Y12 – 11 am – 1 pm
- Y13 – 2 pm – 4 pm
Thursday – 3rd February
Note: Staggered start times for year groups
- 8.30 am – All Year 7, Year 9 and Year 13
- Year 7 – Meet outside Te Mataaho (Administration Block)
- Year 9 – Meet outside the Te Poho (Hall)
- Year 13 – Meet outside Te Ngutu (Mt Sion) quad
- 9.30 am – All Year 8 and 10
- Year 8 – Meet outside Te Mataaho (Administration Block)
- Year 10 – Meet outside Te Poho (Hall)
- 11 am – Year 11 and Year 12
- Year 11 – Meet outside Te Ngutu (Mt Sion) quad
- Year 12 – Meet outside the Te Poho (Hall)
- 2.30 pm – School finishes
- Parents pick up outside school (see H&S above)
Friday – 4th February – 8.30 am – Students to Mentoring – normal school day follows
Monday – 7th February – Waitangi Day, school closed
Tuesday – 8th February – 8.30am – Normal School
Thursday – 10th February – School Closed for Mentoring Day (information below)
Mentoring Day – Thursday 10 February
I would like to invite you to the College on Thursday 10 February to meet with your son’s mentor teacher. The school is closed for instruction that day, meaning that your son is only required here at school during your mentor interview (in full school uniform).
In the current climate this is a fantastic chance to whanaungatanga/connect in what is a difficult situation with many opportunities to meet being cancelled.
As a Kura we have developed our health and safety plan to ensure the protection of our whānau/community. These include:
- 15 minute time slots
- Wearing of masks
- COVID tracking sign in
- Limited numbers on-site, and separated
Please arrive shortly before your interview, parking off-site, and always follow social distancing protocols. When your meeting has finished, please exit the premises promptly for the safety of others.
This is a great opportunity to come in and talk about the goals your son has set this year around academic achievement, as well as other contributions to the school. It is also an ideal opportunity to ask any questions you may have about your son’s learning and how things may work here at the College. While the mentor teacher may not teach your son directly, they are responsible for tracking the academic and personal well-being of your son and are available to discuss your son’s overall approach to learning here at St Thomas’.
If, for some reason, you are unable to come in during that day, contact your son’s mentor teacher to make an alternative time to catch up.
New students will be told who their mentor teacher is tomorrow at their Orientation and will also be contacted by the mentor teacher.
Here are the mentor changes for current students:
Alex Coulthard JOAC for Leuma Gali (JOLU)
Kathryn Morgan JOKM for Rachael Fowler (JORF)
Matt Kippenberger JOMK for Marty Taylor (JOMT)
Marcelle Leo’o JOSM for Angela Smith (JOSM)
Katie Stanton MAKS for Daniel Kahura (MADK)
Sai Saukuru MASS for Johnny Leo’o (MAJL)
Maryanne Skidmore MCMS for Brian Knopp (MCBK)
David Hooper MCDH for Lexi Cutbush/Sai Saukuru (MCCT)
Andrew Strachan RIAS for Keri Campbell (RIAS)
Jamie Thompson RIJT for Margaret Guerin (RIMA)
Shannon Hurley RIMG for Maureen Gaffaney (RIMG)
To book a meeting with your son’s mentor teacher follow the instructions on the attached flyer or click on this link.