Kia ora Koutou
It is with excitement that we look forward to welcoming new students and current students back, for 2022. The holidays have been a great time to reconnect and celebrate the relationships that we have.
Over the last week, there has been a lot of information around the Government’s decision to move the country into COVID setting Red. As a school, we have clear plans that follow the Ministry of Education’s direction to ensure the safety of all our staff, students and whānau. This is a different time for all, and our Mission of “Educated Hearts, Educated Minds” is at the forefront of what we do as a school.
The start of the year is different to previous years. Please make sure you and your sons are clear on the expectations and follow the protocols as outlined. These are to ensure the safety of your sons and the community.
Health & Safety
- Parents must drop off students outside the school property. Please use Craven Street or Middlepark Road, North of the roundabout.
- All students are to have a mask that cover the mouth and nose and attaches behind the head or ears.
- If students feel unwell, they are to stay home and you are to inform the school.
- Please ensure your son has his device with him for the first day. Being able to connect online during the Red setting will be important. Any issues please contact Tim Muir firstname.lastname@example.org before school starts.
Wednesday – 2nd February
- 9 am – New Student Orientation
- Students are to be picked up and dropped off outside of the school property.
- Year 13s will meet students at the front of school and take them for the day.
- Please wear uniform and bring your device.
(*Note: The New Parents Evening meeting is cancelled)
- Course Confirmation for Seniors – Hall
- Y11 – 9 am – 11 am
- Y12 – 11 am – 1 pm
- Y13 – 2 pm – 4 pm
Thursday – 3rd February
Note: Staggered start times for year groups
- 8.30 am – All Year 7, Year 9 and Year 13
- Year 7 – Meet outside Te Mataaho (Administration Block)
- Year 9 – Meet outside the Te Poho (Hall)
- Year 13 – Meet outside Te Ngutu (Mt Sion) quad
- 9.30 am – All Year 8 and 10
- Year 8 – Meet outside Te Mataaho (Administration Block)
- Year 10 – Meet outside Te Poho (Hall)
- 11 am – Year 11 and Year 12
- Year 11 – Meet outside Te Ngutu (Mt Sion) quad
- Year 12 – Meet outside the Te Poho (Hall)
- 2.30 pm – School finishes
- Parents pick up outside school (see H&S above)
Friday – 4th February
- 8.30 am – Students to Mentoring
- Normal school day follows
Monday – 7th February
- Waitangi Day, school closed
Tuesday – 8th February
- 8.30am – Normal School
Thursday – 10th February
- School Closed for Mentoring Day (information to follow)
Noho ora mai
Assistant Principal – Communications