Dear Parents and Caregivers, Last evening, we received more detailed information from the Ministry of Education and wanted to share this with you moving forward.
I would like to stress this week is a trial week for staff and students, using online techniques for our students to learn remotely. We are all dealing with the impact of a major pandemic. Our wellbeing is the most important factor at the moment, we don’t want our students anxious about their learning.
Below is a summary from the information given in the video;
· School is closed, open only to those students of essential workers Tuesday and Wednesday
· This week is still a school week. Online learning will be available to our young men. Please get them to open their TEAMS from Wednesday. Subject teachers will post information for the students.
· School holidays officially begin on Monday 30th of March to Tuesday 14th April (due to Easter). Senior students will engage with learning as needed.
· Wednesday the 15th of April will be Day 1 of Term 2. Online learning will commence
· School is still closed, and learning will be from home
· Your son’s mentor teacher will touch base with you every Monday morning including during the holiday period.
· Cyclone is also trialing a new live chat remote support option at https://portal.cyclone.co.nz/ starting today. Just log in with your school account for any support around your son’s device.
· Below are some useful websites you might want check these out;
Further videos with updated information will come via our St Thomas of Canterbury College Facebook page.
Take care and keep safe.